Friday, July 17, 2009

Visitor of all kinds

We had my great niece, Bella over for a sleepover this week. The kids all fight over her, and Bella, being a true princess, eats it up. It is, however, a BIG adjustment having a 7 month old baby here rather than an 18 month old. The biggest difference by far is SLEEP!! If Kaylee wakes in the night, all I have to do is say, "Shhh, Go night-night" and she is out! Bella slept really well. From 11 pm - 3 am. Then 3 am- 4 am. Then 4 am - 5 am. You get the picture! By the morning my sad, lazy, sleeping late summer self was done! I managed to make it through the morning with about 700 caffeinated beverages, and half a bottle of Advil. After making Breakfast:Part Two ( Part One woefully unappreciated by the beasties) I realized the clamoring in my head was indeed not imagined, but coming from outside. Outside where my dogs were going bat-shit ballistic. After corralling Lucille, and dragging Algae's cone head inside, I saw just what was going on.....
You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding.
WHAT am I supposed to do with THIS???? Of course the girls were all excited for a new pet. A pet with huge teeth and perhaps RABIES.
How the hell did he get here???? HOW is he gonna get OUT???? I opened the door then poked him with a stick through the window, but all he did was arch his back, and move side to side enjoying the back rub. Come to think of it, I would probably enjoy having my back scratched too. Even with a stick. Still left us with one big, unwanted, uninvited groundhog. But, as I have found with most of our guests lately, leave them to their own devices, and they will eventually go away!!!!!

Adios!!

No comments: