Monday, August 18, 2008

The sweet smell of summer

Ahhh...so close I can smell it! The smell of freshly sharpened pencils, new shoes, pink erasers, hundreds of dollars in cash (well I can't smell THAT anymore because it is now in the hands of WalMart, Target, and Dick's Sporting goods!!) The smell of the dark mornings driving to football practice, and the smelly, sweaty boys home in the evening. That my friends is the SWEET SMELL OF FREEDOM!!! To all my sad, sorrowful friends lamenting that summer is almost over: to all my friends tearful at the sight of a school bus: to you I say....grab a tissue and hush up. And, by the way, I don't know if I quite believe you!! Grocery shopping alone, a trip to the grown-up section of the book store, trying on clothes without someone pointing out your spare tire(s), or commenting on your "big boobies". Driving in the car in silence. Eating at least one meal a day from start to finish uninterrupted. Finally cleaning out rooms and playrooms and THROWING ALL THE CRAPPY TOYS AWAY. Going to the bathroom ALONE. Dry your tears. There are about 500 four day weekends even before Christmas break. Live a little!! To all my teacher friends: thank you for making our world a better, brighter place. Sorry your summer is over. Don't worry.....I bought my 3 pack of tissues. You can have one!

No comments: